Artificial intelligence is abbreviated as AI. In the computer-run world of today, you’re sure to have heard the buzzword, Artificial Intelligence telling around. But what Is It exactly? We are using AI in our daily lives. What are the applications of AI? And more importantly, what role does it or will it play within the way forward for education and therefore the way forward for work?
What is Artificial Intelligence?
In computing , AI , also referred to as machine intelligence, is intelligence shows by machines, in contrast to the natural intelligence displayed by humans and animals.
Artificial intelligence (AI) is that the ability of a computer virus or a machine to think and learn. It is also a field of study which tries to form computers “smart”. In general use, the term “Artificial Intelligence” means a machine that mimics human cognition. At least a number of the items we accompany other minds, like learning and problem solving are often done by computers, though not within the same way as we do. With Artificial Intelligence, machines perform functions such as learning, planning, reasoning, and problem-solving. Most noteworthy, Artificial Intelligence is the simulation of human intelligence by machines. It is probably the fastest-growing development in the world of technology and innovation. Furthermore, many experts believe Al could solve major challenges and crisis situations.
Artificial Intelligence (Al) goes beyond computers, performing as programmed to more intelligent machines that can learn as they go along. AI specialists write programs that allow machines to add complexity and learn new logic as they process new data which is referred to as Machine Learning (ML).
Huge changes have taken place in the last three to four years, mostly in the area of digital technologies, which have affected jobs and the learning these jobs require. It’s overturning all our traditional thinking on what are safe careers, and safe courses. Today, we expect Information Technology everywhere we lum – How would we manage Banking, Shopping, Travel, etc. without software? Information Technology is the fastest growing industry within the world. Smart Homes, Smartwatches, Smart cities – things that can anticipate your needs and take action, and literally work on your voice command, this is not tho stuff of science fiction anymore! We are using Artificial Intelligence(Al) in our daily lives- Some Great
examples of how AI impacts our lives –
When AI invented ?
This image shows the timeline of the evolution of Artificial Intelligence. Image Source
Real world Applications of Artificial Intelligence.
- Smartphones – when you are using a smart assistant; whether it’s Google Assistant, Alexa, Siri, or Bixby, you know that these assistants are based on AI.
- Smart Cars and Drones – Just a few years back, using a fully automatic car was a dream, however, now companies like Tesla have made such a lot of progress that we have already got a fleet of semi-automatic cars on the road. Militaries everywhere the planet are already using successful drone programs.
- Navigation and Travel– Most of us travel from time to time and use the navigation on almost a daily basis. Whether you are using Google or Apple Maps for navigating, or calling an Uber, booking a flight ticket, you are using AI.
- Social Media Feeds– We are using Social Media, most of our decisions are being impacted by artificial intelligence.
- Music and Media Streaming Services– Whether we are using Spotty, Netflix, or YouTube, AI is making the decision for us.
- Online Ads Network– one of the most important uses of artificial intelligence is the online ad industry which uses AI to not only track user statistics but also serve us ads supported those statistics.
- Banking and Finance– The banking and finance industry heavily relies on AI for things like Customer Service, Fraud Protection, Investment, etc.
- Business– Many Multinational companies using ai to predict customers shopping behavior like Amazon and Flipkart.